Evaluation of your unique anatomy and discussion of your aesthetic goals ensures the best results. I recommend booking a complimentary consultation prior to your treatment where we can formulate a plan for your individual needs. If you are a new patient your consultation will generally take 30 minutes and depending on your goals treatment will generally take another 30 minutes.
Bruising and/ or swelling at the site of injection is possible with injection of dermal fillers. While this is not inevitable, it is possible so I recommend not planning big events for two weeks after injection.
To minimize the possibility of side effects please prepare for your treatment with the following:
- Avoid any blood thinning medications or supplements for one week prior to treatment. Examples of these include asprin, ibuprofen, Aleve, Advil, Motrin, fish oil, vitamin E, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, or primrose oil.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 24-48 hours prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let me know prior to treatment.
- If you have a current skin infection in the area to be treated please let me know prior to your appointment.
- Avoid dental appointments and vaccinations for two weeks before and two weeks after appointment.
Recovery will vary from person to person and also depends on the type of filler injected and the location of injection. I recommend avoiding strenuous activity, alcohol consumption, and ingesting salty foods for 24-48 hours after injection to minimize swelling and bruising. Otherwise you can resume your normal activities. Bruising, swelling, and tenderness are normal side effects of filler injections and will typically subside within a few days.
Results can be seen immediately after injection and the final result will be seen after about 1-2 weeks when swelling and bruising subsides. Some treatments will take more than one session to achieve the perfect result. Longevity of your results will vary depending on the area treated and the product used, but typically last anywhere from 6-18 months.
- If you have had filler in the past that was ill-placed we may opt to dissolve the existing filler and start over if possible.
- You should not have filler injections while pregnant or nursing.
- You can download a printable version of my before and after filler recommendations here.